Thursday 11 March 2010

Eden Exposed Photography Landscapes

Landscape photography is my first love in photography.

Its what inspired me to pick up a camera and give it a go - its what inspired me to start up Eden Exposed Photography

When I see a great landscape image it affects me and makes me want to go there and that is what I wanted to hopefully achieve with my images.
I want the feeling of a calming seascape or rolling waves to convey through the image and into the person looking at it.

I absolutely love the sea and one of my favorite locations for landscape photography is Horsey Beach in Norfolk.
We have been there numerous times, often before the sun rises so we can catch the pre dawn and the gorgeous sun coming over the horizon.
This image is from one of the best days we have had there:



Another great location we have been back to a few times is Durdle Door in Dorset.
Even in the summer the beach is only busy at one end, so if you stroll down to the end of the beach, you will more than likely have it to yourself (unless of course I am there!)



I love being able to create great landscape photos.
There's something amazing about being on the beach at dawn before anyone else you know is even awake.
Unfortunately for us, to get to a nice beach we have at least a 2 -3 hour drive so to catch a sunrise, depending on the time of year we have to be up and raring to go by 3am!

The image below was taken on Durdle Door beach, a slow shutter was used to create the milky waves spilling gracefully onto the shore.



Me and my partner love to travel, in fact it was after a round the world trip when we were 21 that my photography passion really began to show and since then, its all been about photography!

Unfortunately I didn't have a decent camera on the round the world trip, and I was only when we returned we realised how much beauty there is in the world.
Although, if i had have the camera equipment I have now, we would probably still be traveling and not yet come home!

It was when we were on a weekend break to Rome that we came up with Eden Exposed.
It was actually just after we were walking back to the hotel after taking this photo of the Vatican:



Sometimes simplicity is best when photographing landscapes.

Last year we went on holiday to America and this is one of my favorite images from the trip, taken at Death Valley in California.

The sparse landscape suddenly transforms into these huge sand dunes.



We tend to put photographing landscapes on the back burner as our conceptual portraits take up most of our time, However as soon as we have a spare day we jump in the car and head off somewhere to capture landscapes.
This is how we are planning to spend our Saturday this weekend :-)

Keep reading the blog to find out the result!

To view more of our Landscape Photography visit our website:
www.edenexposed.com

Follow us on Facebook and twitter as well!

Bye for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers